Town of Garland, North Carolina
"Greatness Grows in Garland"
​Post Office Box 207        190 South Church Avenue           Garland, North Carolina    28441       (910) 529-4141  
FAX:  (910) 529-1393 

Frequently Asked Questions??
  1. What are the regular hours of operation?

​        Office hours are from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  Wednesday's hours are 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

  2. What should I do if I have an emergency related to town services after regular hours of operation? 

        Call (910) 529-4141 and listen to instructions on answering machine.

  3. What is the garbage pick up schedule?

       Every Monday of the month.

  4. What is the recyclable pick up schedule?

      Every other Monday.

  5. What can I recycle?

       Recyclable material flyers are available at townhall.

  6. When are town commissioner meetings held?

       Town commissioners meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the Garland Town Hall.​

  7. How do I pay my water bill?   What are the fees?   

      Water bills can be paid in our office, over the phone with a debit or credit card, check, money order or cash.  You may also set up direct draft from your checking/savings account.  Call the office for more details.  There is a $3.00 processing fee charged when using your debit or credit card.

8. How do I set up for water and sewer services?

      Contact Town Hall.  General information will have to be filled out on an application.  Water-Sewer Secured Deposit $175.00 will be required for service.  If you cannot or do not provide a verifiable social security number, it will be considered an UNSECURED deposit and the fee will be 2 x the current deposit amount.

9. What should I do if I want to have a yard sale?

      Yard sale permits are $5.00 per yard sale.  Contact town hall.

10. Where do I go to obtain a zoning permit?

      Contact town hall at  (910) 529-4141.  Zoning permits are $50.00

11. What should I do if I have a citizen concern/complaint?

       You may call the town's office to report this to town clerk or deputy clerk, complete a written complaint 
       form. You may also talk to the mayor, any commissioner.  If your concern/complaint does not get
       addressed, you may ask to be placed on the board agenda of the commissioners' regular meeting.

12. How do I get on the board of commissioner’s meeting agenda?

      Please contact the town clerk by 12 Noon at least by Friday prior to the 2nd Tuesday of each month.​

13. What should I do if I have an emergency relating to town services after office hours?

      Contact town hall and listen to instructions on answering machine.  (910) 529-4141

14. What is the Town of Garland's fee schedule?

15. How do I obtain a cemetery plot? How much does it cost?   Contact town hall. Inside residents - $400.00 Outside residents $600.00

16.  What are the due dates for water bills?  To avoid penalty, bills must be paid before the 10th of each month.  To
       avoid cut-off and an additional $35.00 fee, your water bill needs to be paid on the 20th of each month by 5:00 p.m.